Sunday, September 06, 2009

Losing a Team Member, but Keeping the Friend

I learned today that after 12 years, Jennifer Sage resigned her position with Mad Dogg Athletics. As a fellow team member, I feel a great loss and know that her shoes will be difficult to fill. As a friend, I know her decision could not have been easy to make.

Jennifer was one of the reasons I took the steps to become a master instructor. Her genuine encouragement and willingness to help whenever I asked was instrumental in my development as a Spinning Instructor yet alone becoming a Master Instructor. I know I'll miss chatting with her at WSSC and watching, learning, and participating in her phenomenal sessions. She set the standard of what a Master Instructor should be to all that seek their guidance. I will always be greatful for having had the experience of watching a true master at work.

Jennifer, as I reflect on the years I've known you, I don't think there is anyone who dedicated more of themselves than you have to ensure the success of indoor cycling. I can't tell you how many people I run into at my continuing education courses and/or orientations that use your blog as a reference. I overheard one woman say "You have to get onto Jennifer Sage's blog and sign up for her newsletter. She sends all kinds of great play lists and helpful hints I use in my classes."

Good luck in all of your future endeavors. Based on your 12 year dedication to Mad Dogg Athletics, I'm sure you will be very successful.

1 comment:

  1. I share your sentiments, we are losing a great MI. :( She will never be far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete