Sunday, January 24, 2010

The weather isn't my friend

Well, today was supposed to be 50 degrees and windy. But the rain ruined my plans to get out and ride today. Not that I wouldn't ride in the rain, but with all of the salt and debris the rain washes into the roadway, it makes it difficult. Not to mention the time to clean off the bike after the ride.

So, it's time to dig out the trainer. Put in the miles there while I enjoy my favorite video or CD. If I get to the gym, then I ride a Spinner for an hour or so. Love to get my legs going for my training. Also need to spend some time reviewing my training plan and make sure I'm on track.

As someone who lives in Northeastern Ohio, I should be used to this type of weather and the resulting indoor training. But when the forecast calls for some nice days, all I want to do is get out and feel the wind in my face and watch the pavement pass under my bike. There is nothing like riding outdoors for me. The freedom to ride a machine where I am the engine is exhilarating.

I guess I'll just have to wait until Mother Nature allows me to get out and put some serious miles on my bike.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, there is nothing like being outside on your bike. :)

    ReplyDelete